How Can we Receive Eternal Life?
1. In our unforgiven state, we the human race, are all unclean. Without exception we are born with a sinful
nature & under the curse of the "law" of sin & death!
· 1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."
· Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God."
· Romans 3:10 "As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:"
2. There is nothing that I can do to make myself worthy, and acceptable in God's sight! My best can never be
·Isaiah 64:6 "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteoussnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do
fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away."
3. The "law of sin & death" is very simple. Sin results in Death! This law is without exception.
· Ezekiel 18:20 "The soul that sinneth, it shall die."
· Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal Life through Jesus Christ our
Our Wages: Wages are what we earn, or what we deserve-Death! I do not deserve anything; nor can I ever
earn anything but Death.
God's Gift: "but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
A gift is something not earned or deserved. It is given of one's free will. God's gift to us is eternal life.
4. Eternal life has been offered to you and me as a free gift - absolutely free!! This gift of eternal life is
offered at great cost to God however!
· John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him
should not perish, but have everlasting life."
· John 3:17 "For God sent not his son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him
might be saved.
·Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
·Romans 8:32 "He that spared not his own son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also
give us all things."
The essence of these four verses is:
A) God loves us!!
B) God gave (sacrificed) Jesus, his son!
C) Jesus died that we might live!
D) We can live forever!!
5. In order to receive the gift of eternal life we must believe in Jesus as the Son of God.
· Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God."
Three parts of our salvation:
A) "Grace"-God's unmerited/undeserved favour-God's part.
B) "Gift of God"- Eternal life through Jesus Christ, God's Son, given to man as the supreme sacrifice for our
C) "Faith"- Our part. The only thing that God requires of us to receive salvation is faith in his only begotten
6. Faith is believing that Jesus is able to:
A) Forgive us of our sins:
· Matthew 9:6 " But that ye may know that the son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, ..."
· 1 John 1:7 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
B) Wash away all of our sins with his Holy Blood.
· 1John 1:7 "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the
blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
· Revelation 1:5 "Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood."
C) Save us:
· Acts 16:31 "...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."
· Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that
God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
7. In order to receive eternal life we must:
A-Acknowledge that we are sinners and that we need to be forgiven of our sins.
B-Believe that Jesus: 1. Died on the cross for us.
2. Shed his precious blood to wash us and cleanse us from our sins.
3. Rose from the dead, victorious over sin, hell, and death.
4. Is able to and wants to forgive us, save us, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
C-Confess our faith in Christ, and that we have asked for and received cleansing from sin with his Holy precious
blood, his forgiveness of our sins, and his free gift of eternal life.
If you would like to accept Jesus Christ as Saviour of your soul and Lord of your life; If you want to receive forgiveness of sins, total & complete cleansing from all of your sins with His Holy Blood. If you want God to change your life and to give you a brand new start! If you want to receive eternal life. Then we would like to help you. Pray the following prayer & mean it. When you are finished you will have received eternal life!!
Dear Father God:
I need you. I know that I am a sinner, born of a sinful nature. I know that nothing that I could ever do can make me worthy of eternal life. I deserve hell and eternal damnation. Thank You Jesus for dying on the cross for my sins. I ask You to forgive me of all of my sins, and to cleanse me with Your precious and Holy Blood that you shed for me on the cross. I'm so glad that you died and rose again; Victorious over sin, hell, and death. I know that you are Lord of all. I open the door of my life and ask You to come in and be my Saviour and Lord. Thank you for forgiving me of my sins and giving me eternal life. Take control of my life. Make me the kind of person You want me to be. I want to thank you for forgiveness of sins and eternal life. I ask all of this in Jesus' Holy Name.
If you have prayed this prayer we welcome you into the family of God. We encourage you to:
A) Tell somebody.
· Matthew 10:32 "Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my
Father which is in heaven.
· Romans 10:10 "For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made
B) Read from the Bible daily.
· 2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to show thyself approved unto God, a work-man that needeth not to be ashamed,
rightly dividing the word of truth."
C) Pray to God about everything in your life.
· Philippians 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let
your requests be made known unto God."
D) Be Baptised in water.
· Peter 2:38 "Then said Peter unto them, Repent, and be Baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus
Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall Receive the gift of the Holy Ghost."
E) Find a church to attend where the full Gospel of Jesus Christ is preached, and where the Holy Bible is the final authority.
· Hebrews 10:25 "Not forsaking the assembling of yourselves together, as the manner of some is; but
exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
If you have accepted Jesus Christ into your heart as your personal Lord and Saviour, we would like to rejoice with you and offer you any help that we can:
A) With literature
B) To find a local Bible believing church.
C) To pray & fellowship with you.
Please 'click' on the 'Contact us' tab on the Menu Bar to access our Contact Information. Give us a call, send us a letter or email us, today.